Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dancing In Painter - Russ Cox


© 2011 Russ Cox |Smiling Otis Studio


This past weekend, I decided to dive into Painter and begin learning how to use it. The above artwork was my first piece using the software. I am going for a more natural style with the illustration. The line work is looser and closer to my sketches. I also want more textures in the final art. Some have told me it is more kid friendly with its looseness and overall feel. You can see the process on my blog. I am excited about the direction my style is going and cannot wait to do more.


6 comments:

  1. Really lovely ... he is such a fun character and enjoying the new style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks WB! I am itching to do more and see where this journey takes me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, really like this one. More 'kid friendly' nails it. This dude is happy to entertain us. The overall feel is very 'inviting' - which translates to 'kid friendly' - onward ho Russ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Onward ho it is then! Thanks Genevieve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was your FIRST PROJECT using Painter?!?? Holy cow, this is amazing.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Debbie! I think I got lucky on the first one. The next few will be the true litmus!

    ReplyDelete