Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lost and Found - Hazel Mitchell

I have been concentrating lately on getting more emotion into my illustrations, enhanced by mood and lighting. I have also trying out a looser style, working to get the drawing down in the first try to keep the spontaneity of line and thought.

So this piece is pencil with minimal colouring in photoshop.


And this is the original sketch.


Below is a sketch with a more light-hearted feeling. Perhaps suitable for a magazine.

I finished this one in hand dipping ink pen and tinted in Photoshop.

Right now I am working on a book for Charlesbridge Publishing called 'Hidden New Jersey' and chapter book illustrations for Kane and Miller Publishing. 
Looking forward to sharing those with you in the future here on Pixel Shavings!

See more of my illustrations on Facebook 
at 
or

No comments:

Post a Comment