Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Off to join the Circus by Sheralyn Barnes

I've spent the last month continuing to hone my computer painting skills and getting my portfolio updated for the upcoming LA SCBWI conference. Although I feel as if I've been going at a snail's pace for the last few months, it was incredibly inspiring to pull out my portfolio from last year at this time and compare the work in it to the work that I am doing now. It makes all the long hours of learning and fussing at the computer worth it.

On my last post, I left you with a couple of digital paintings of my newest characters of a little girl and a bear. Well, at this point, at least the bear has a name (Simu) and both of the characters personalities are starting to come together for me. I've been doing more sketches based off of Illustration Friday's weekly suggestions. 
Here is the sketch that I did for the week that the topic was "Swept"....

And here is a portion of the re-worked digital painting of the Shadow puppet piece that I posted in my last post. I've been working on adding color and making the characters a bit more personable. Still have some tweaking to do, but it's been fun to experiment. I've really grown attached to these guys and look forward to getting to know them better!



 Thanks again for checking in!
Tune in next week for more fun and inspiration from Hazel!

www.sheralynbarnes.com

3 comments:

  1. Sheri I can't wait to see your portfolio! Everything crossed for LA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your portfolio, too! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! Boy will I be glad to see the portfolio too (that is..it being done)! So looking forward to seeing you both in person!

    ReplyDelete