Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Flying Robot (with waffles) from Hazel Mitchell


Following on from John Deininger's robot post last week I remembered a sample piece I produced this summer for my portfolio. Here's how it came together ....

 First a quick thumbnail about 2 x 3".
Then I worked  up the drawing in graphite, with no shading.
Scanned the line art at 600dpi and saved in photoshop.
With the multiply tool I blocked in the areas in roughly the colours I was thinking of and also coloured some of the line work itself, selecting with the magic wand tool.


 Here is the end result. Most of my work is done with the mutiply tool and with highlight/burn tools. I don't work with many layers. Not sure how the wings ended up as waffles ... I guess the little boy was having breakfast and it just happened. in this illustration I was looking to keep some looseness and texture in the shading and colouring.

Many thanks for stopping by!
Come over next week to see a seasonal offering from Russ Cox.


Toodles
Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment